Wednesday 7 November 2012

Tutorials

10.09.12
E-mailed Jo over my blog and she told me what was missing. I need to note down tutorials, add units the roundabout posts and do lots on contextual research. I've started to add units to all my posts, its just a case of which area matches which unit. I've began to do contextual research, but only for painters really. I intend to do more, but internet research does start to get very boring. I'd like to complete researching all the painters on the handouts we have been given and then choose about 5 that I either like or are relevant to work and research them in much more depth.


17.09.12
Had a tutorial with Richard about my sketchbook. He seems to be fairly impressed, which I'm pleased with. I need to change the first page, however which I agree with. He also adviced that for my second sketchbook, I should have more of a theme.


6.10.12
As universities like you to link your work to established artists I went to Richard to help me find artist who have a similar style to mine. He was really helpful.
We also had a tutorial about our personal statements which was fairly useful. I'm still lost on where to start though.

4.12.12
Spoke to Richard and Jamie about my personal statement, they were both really helpful, starting to feel a bit more confident know.
Richard showed me round the degree studios as well, which was definitely useful. He also told me about Derby and Salford university as I was deciding between the two for my final choice. I've opted for Salford.

5.12.12
Sent off my UCAS yey!!!!

6.12.12
Spoke to Richard about combining Warhol with sillohuette paintings and he recommended I research Paul Morrison. I had a quick go at adding the sillohuette of a pin up girl to a sunset. Didn't really work.

8.01.13
Had a tutorial with Richard about my sketchbook. He gave me some SMART targets to be getting on with. Most importantly I need to put contextual and primary research in my sketchbook. So, I've took loads of photos of the sky and Blackburn town centre. I've also printed out relevant work of certain artists ready to stick into my sketchbook.

30.01.13
Spoke to Steve today about my essay. Got really good feedback, quite proud of myself really. All I've got to do is type it up and add some more explanation of Art Deco and the time phrase in which it became popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment