Tuesday 22 January 2013

David Hockney









I'd never heard of David Hockney until Richard compared my work to his. But I'm glad he mentioned him because I really like his work. He also looks like a pretty interesting guy.


David Hockney, (born 9 July 1937) is an English painter, draughtsman, printmaker, stage designer and photographer.
He was an important contributor to the Pop Art movement of the 1960s, and he is considered one of the most influential British artists of the twentieth century 
                                                                            - Wikipedia

 His paintings that most link to mine are the ones with skies in, as that is now the main theme of my work. I really like his use of colour, as it is so bright. I find his work has an abstract sort of feel and I like that because its a bit different.




I found this whist research Hockney, and I think it looks similar to some of the photos in my sketchbook, that I took as part my collection of primary research.
I'm not sure if i like this photo montage or not.












No comments:

Post a Comment