Wednesday 24 October 2012

Fine Art Contextual Research

Nadir Afonso
I really like Afonso's style and use of colour. I think its really clever how he mixed abstract work with landscape paintings.






Rita Ackermann
Ackermann's work is really interesting to look at as each of her paintings give the viewer a story, rather than just a piece of artwork.



Mino Argento






Jo Baer
Baer's work appears very simple, which makes it look easy. Personally I don't consider her work particularly artistic as it doesn't seem to have much to it. What I do find interesting though, is why other people appreciate it so much, and spend lots of money on it. I don't understand.




Zdzislaw Beksinski
Although they're fairly gothic, I really like these paintings. The detail in them is amazing, they look like they've literally been constructed out of bones and veins.





Ashley Bickerton
I absolutely love these. They are so colourful but strangely realistic. They are really attractive to look at but at the same time a bit creepy looking, which is odd.






Thierry Bisch





Glenn Brown 
These paintings are really strange. I like how they are interesting to look at, but really well painted.



Gillian Carnegie
This artists must of really liked bums!




Dan Christensen
I like these abstract paintings, and i think added to other images they would look really creative, but similar to Jo Baer's work, there doesn't seem to be a massive amount of skill.



Dan Christensen


Chuck Close
Close's technique is really unique and he must have been so patient to paint all them paintings. But I don't particularly like the end result of his work, as clever as it is.



Ian Davenport
These images would look really well as a background to fairly plain pencil drawings.




Tacita Dean
I think shading drawings look really effective when done well, and these are done really well, especially the ship one.





Guy Denning
I really like how well shaded these drawings are, they look so realistic. I also like the idea of experimenting with different surfaces for my work.






Ali Omar Ermes





Bernd Fasching




Charles Fazzino
These images are a bit too clustered. I like the idea of them, but I don't really think they work as a piece.



Helen Frankenhaler
I really don't understand the appeal of this kind of art. It takes very little skill and there is no depth to it what so ever. 



H.R. Giger
I really like this work because it looks so complex, and is quite scary to look at, like the alien films.





Cleve Gray
Gray's work, is quite unusual it looks fun to touch.



Karl Hagedorn




Keith Haring



Gottfried Helnwein



Hugo Heyrman
I find these images very sophisticated, there isn't a strong focal point within them it all sort of blends together.




Toos Van Holstein





Peter Howson






Richard Jackson

artist painter painting richard jackson  installation painting canvas as brush



Jasper Johns





Ray Johnson




Wolf Kahn




Nabil Kanso


Ellsworth Kelly



Anselm Kiefer


Komar and Melamid


Frans Koppelaar




Mark Kostabi



Ronnie Landfield



Allan Linder





Claude Max Lochu



Robert Longo






Totte Mannes


Eugene J Martin


Richard Mayhew




Loren Munk




Elizabeth Murray







Wangechi Mutu



Daniel Ng





Kenneth Noland



No comments:

Post a Comment